Great strides have been made in dental surgery techniques and technology in recent years. With these advances, a wider range of patients can benefit from excellent dental services and maintain a great smile.
One of these techniques is the All-on-4 treatment concept (a registered trademark of Nobel Biocare).
How does the All-on-4® technique differ from traditional implants? What are the advantages of this type of dental implant? Find out in this article.
What is the All-on-4® treatment concept?
The All-on-4® treatment concept is a type of dental implant that is being used more and more by oral and maxillofacial surgeons in Quebec. This revolutionary technique requires fewer anchor points in the jaw and produces excellent results.
The concept involves placing four dental implants in the edentulous (toothless) jaw. Unlike traditional implants, which are placed vertically, the posterior implants are placed at a 30° to 45° angle. This gives the fixed dental prosthesis better stability even though fewer implants support it.
The treatment is ideal for people whose bone mass is too low for traditional implants. With the All-on-4® technique, toothless patients can access implants and dental prostheses without needing a bone graft.
Who is the All-on-4® treatment concept designed for?
The All-on-4® technique is designed for people with terminal dentition or complete edentulism (toothlessness) in the upper or lower jaw or both. As mentioned above, patients whose low bone mass prevents them from having traditional implants can benefit from this treatment.
The technology is also ideal for people who have significant problems with their teeth and require complex dental extractions. One of the advantages of the treatment is that all of the surgeries can take place on the same day. The surgeon can extract the teeth and place the implants in the course of a single procedure. All-on-4® fixed full dentures are also far more comfortable than removable dentures.
The advantages of the All-on-4® technique
We’ve already mentioned a few of the advantages of All-on-4® implants, but there are many more!
Here is an overview of the main advantages:
- High success rate: Maxillofacial surgery specialists report success rates ranging from 95% to 98% for this treatment.
- No bone grafts needed: All-on-4® dental implants are accessible to a wider range of patients because they can be used on those with bone loss.
- Recovery speed: Patients receive their fixed dentures the day of the surgery, resulting in a much quicker recovery than traditional implant placement.
- Simple maintenance: Maintaining fixed dentures is similar to the dental hygiene practiced by people who have their natural teeth. Patients won’t need to drastically adjust their routine.
- Affordable: The treatment is generally less expensive than traditional implants.
- Excellent long-term results: Patients who receive All-on-4® implants remain satisfied with their stability years after the procedure.
Reputable dental implant services at Clinique MFML
The All-on-4® treatment concept has many advantages for edentulous patients, particularly those with bone loss. Since the technique requires fewer implants to support the fixed dental prosthesis, no bone graft is needed.
If you are in Montreal and want the All-on-4® treatment, make an appointment at Clinique MFML. With the clinic’s years of experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery, you’ll be sure to receive the best of care.